Are you afraid of dental implants?
If you’ve ever had a broken bone or minor surgery, a tooth implant is comparatively minuscule in terms of pain (in fact I have not heard a single patient of mine complain about pain).
Let’s just also state for the record that at Smile Factory, we have actually had patients humming their favorite tunes while having their implants done.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common questions patients ask about implants:
1. What is a dental implant?
This is a permanent solution, as opposed to dentures for missing teeth. They look, function, and feel better than any other tooth-replacement methods that are out there.
A crown is placed upon an artificial substitute for the root i.e. dental implant, which will free you from dentures for life.
2. How successful are dental implants?
Studies suggest that lower jaw implants have a 95% success rate over 5 years, whereas upper jaw implants have a success rate of over 90% over the same number of years. At Smile Factory we take extra care and caution and hence we can say that the success rate is higher than this.
3. How old do you have to be to get implants?
Once your jaw bone growth is complete, you’re ready for implants. This is typically after your adolescence is over.
Picture Courtesy Andrey
4. How long does the procedure take?
The procedure happens in stages. First, the implant screw is placed in the bone and is given time to heal for a few weeks to months. The great news is while you’re healing, there will be no restrictions on your day-to-day life.
While you heal you can also put in a temporary denture or bridge so there are no gaps in your beautiful smile.
Once you’ve healed, a replacement tooth is fixed onto the implant. It fits snugly and looks like a real tooth. It’s strong enough to function just like an actual tooth.
5. How long do dental implants last?
Implants can last as long as 40 years if they are maintained properly. Good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are essential for good results.
6. What are the benefits of Implants?
• Dental Implants are strong and stable, once restored, and look like your natural teeth.
• Implants help to maintain your facial aesthetics which otherwise change due to missing teeth.
• Implants can help prevent bone loss and drifting of teeth.
• Implants help you speak, smile, and chew with confidence
We are committed to giving you the best experience you’ve ever had OR We take pride in having placed over 10,000 implants that have helped people gain a beautiful smile and a fully functional set of teeth.